George Paull was born in 1863 to William Paul and Ann Roswell in the village of Barrington in Somerset, England. The family arrived in Canada in 1874 and in the 1890s moved to Swan River, Manitoba. In 1899 George started a furniture/hardware store and undertaking business. Like other similar establishments around the country, the funeral parlour itself was a small section in the back of the store. On funeral day, George drove an elaborately designed funeral coach pulled by a matching team of two black horses wearing black ostrich plumes and covered in ornate regalia. Local people have spoken of George's mother, Ann, walking in front to lead the procession to the cemetery.
Edwin Paull began managing the undertaking business after George's death in 1936. In 1942 he purchased a house on 2nd Street North and converted the first floor to business space including a chapel which could comfortably hold 50 people. In 1970 additions were constructed around the existing house yielding a new chapel that could hold up to 150 people.
Eldon Paull began accompanying Edwin at funerals at the age of seven. Eldon took over the family business in 1975 when Edwin passed away. Eldon loved history dearly and saved many items that were both family mementos and artifacts pertaining to his family's involvement with the funeral industry. The addition of Heritage Memorial Gardens in 1999 is the first phase of the long-term plan of a community legacy development.
Dana Paull began accompanying her father at funerals as a young girl. Dana completed her funeral director licensing in 2001 and began managing the funeral home in 2005 when Eldon passed away. In honor of the long standing family history in the funeral business an accurate replica of a horse drawn hearse is now available for use in services.